meonbooks

Me on Books

Me on Books features reviews of young adult novels, the occasional middle grade or graphic novel, and promotes Canadian young adult authors as much as possible. :)

For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Perfect Ruin
Lauren DeStefano

Fury (Fury (Hardcover - Trilogy))

Fury - Elizabeth  Miles It has an interesting premise, I'll give it that. Two teens make some mistakes and so the Furies of Greek mythology are there to teach them a lesson. It is a fresh twist on something old and makes it more than a little dark and mysterious.I'm still unsure of Emily, and of any character who has a crush on her best friend's boyfriend and doesn't try harder to stay away from him. Cheating happens, situations like this happen, but it rarely ends with everyone all smiles and sunshine. Em knows it's wrong, clearly, but where's the resistance?People make mistakes all the time, some that can be fixed easily and some that can ruin a person's life. What if there was someone who went around righting wrongs, punishing the liars and the criminals and the bullies? What if learning a lesson was deadly? What if karma was real, that we get what we give?This book is right. Sometimes sorry isn't enough.